Her name may as well be Garance aDORE. I’ve been a devoted reader of her blog and fan of her illustrations, so I was certain her book would be a beautiful mashup of both of those things. Spoiler: it is. But even better! I devoured Love, Style, Life in a weekend. It’s far more than a coffee table book – though, it is a nice add to mine – but a honest narrative about style, beauty, careers and relationships. Not a superficial beat to any of the notes in these pages but rather a relatable tale from a woman who you want to be your bestie. It’s light but provokes. I imagine for each of us in different ways. For me, here are the top 10 takeaways that got me thinking. Especially #8 (such a good idea!)…
- Our clothes carry the message we want to convey to others, and it changes depending on what we’re going through in our lives
- Losing yourself only takes a second, but finding your way back can take years
- You know, it’s just way too easy being happy with yourself
- The smoky eye is a miracle that widens the eye and works on everyone…and that’s great because photos tend to make eyes look smaller
- Have fun. It’s hard to do, but to be beautiful in photos you have to play with the camera a little. Move, laugh, do something silly, make a sexy face.
- Hello is such a wonderful opportunity
- E-mail made me a bad person
- Keep a good sex diary. Write about it. You might want to remember how good it was at some later moment in your life
- Life will send unexpected people your way
- Some things take time. You can’t make everything perfect in an instant
The email hit a little close to home…haha. There’s just so much to keep up with! Have a great day, all. Hope these lines hit you the same way they did me.