I love wearing and doing my makeup. I also love that I can be comfortable without makeup. Except there is a but. It’s my brows, guys. They are becoming a big problem. And by big I actually mean little and sparse. I’ve always had brow probs — cowlicks, vague arch and now the inability to grow really at all. What is up with that? I’ve always heard from those older (and wiser) than me that this can happen and they ain’t lying. It’s getting to the point where I’m not totally comfortable without a little fill. It’s a part of my routine on most days, but now I think it’s necessary every day.
The last time I got a brow wax was last summer and things truly haven’t been the same since. I tweeze the strays with my trusty Tweezerman’s (the best tweezers ever, period) but there’s no real growth where I want it to be. The upside is I have an arsenal of brow fixers that make my situation less of one. Here are my favorites!
- At the start of the year, MAC launched a new pencil, Veluxe Brow Liner, and it might just be the best pencil I’ve ever used. I’ve been off of the pencil kick lately because most need to be sharpened too often. You only need to be left with a little nub while traveling once for that to be a concern. However, I think I’ve only had to sharpen this once in a month. It’s my go-to low maintenance, 30 second brow.
- Make Up For Ever owns waterproof everything, so it is no surprise that the Aqua Brow is practically permanent (in a good way). The texture is a mix between a cream and a gel – the tiniest bit is all you need. I will use this a ton come summer.
- I reach for Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Brow Mousse often, nearly daily before the MAC Veluxe Brow came along! It’s a really dry consistency and I prefer it to powders.
- I’ve used a lot of different brushes, but this mini Anastasia brush is the only one that works for me. It’s precise and can be used with any product.
- Benefit High Brow Glow is a savior for my “vague arches.” I swipe it under my arches before I fill and blend well with my fingers. It adds a little lift and brightness. It’s an extra step in my beauty routine that is totally worth the time.
Any advice you have to share on getting brow hair to grow would be much appreciated. I’ve dabbled in a few serums but nothing that has really had an impact. Help!
I swear by my religious use of Rapid Lash. It’s helped to fill in some patches, but I still like to use Anastasia’s brow powder duo for some definition. Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion, Lauren! I’ll look into Rapid Lash!
have you tried anastasia’s brow serum? I just got it in a kit and haven’t tried it yet, but i have high hopes, lol! 🙂
Joyce (bronzerbunny) recently posted…I ♡ Burberry Lip Glow in Pink Sweet Pea
I haven’t tried that yet, Joyce! If you do..let me know how it goes!