Today, I turn a year older than 30. And I’m feeling pretty good about it all. Admittedly, I still feel 25, though I wouldn’t trade a thing to actually be that age again. With each birthday, I like to think that I grow older and wiser. You know, having a more profound perspective on life….or something. I’ll spare you 31 thoughts, but here are some that represent the past year for me!
1. Your metabolism goes to hell when you hit 30
2. Working out is crucial. Something I’ve really been forced to do in a committed way in the past year. (see above)
3. Why have I just recently tried pilates? I should have listened to Jennifer Aniston years ago.
4. It’s OK to drink a Summer Shandy every day in the summer if you want to. It’s only here for a limited time.
5. It’s OK to love your dog like a child….
6. …and to be worried about how your dog will feel when you do introduce an actual human to your household
7. Speaking of introducing humans to the world, it’s also OK to do that on your own timeline and not feel the pressure that comes along with being in your 30s
8. Career is important, but remember to nurture your other relationships
9. Take really good care of your skin. It feels really good when someone mistakes you for a 25 year old!
10. Being confident gets easier with age. Own your POV and never waver.
11. Being confused at whether to weep or laugh at the fact that you turned 21 a decade ago. Weep because 10 years, really? And laugh because I could NEVER have another night like that again. My resilience is completely gone!
And, finally, I don’t say it enough, but thank you for reading 312 Beauty and indulging me while I talk about lipstick and face oils. I adore my little corner of the internet and those of you who join me here.
Happy July 16th, all!